Alzheimer’s Disease Working Group
The 2017 Legislature authorized the Minnesota Board on Aging to re-establish an Alzheimer’s Disease Working Group (ADWG) to review and revise the 2011 report, “Preparing Minnesota for Alzheimer’s: the Budgetary, Social and Personal Impacts.”
To view the previous 2011 report, click here.
To view the legislative language, click here.
Working Group Members
Past Meeting Information
- Person with Alzheimer's Disease Diagnosis, Darrell Foss, Chairperson
- Caregiver of person with Alzheimer's, Eric Linn
- Nursing facility or senior housing representative who is affiliated with LeadingAge MN, Jean Nelson
- Nursing facility or senior housing representative who is affiliated with Care Providers of MN, Daniel Pakonen
- Home care or adult day services representative affiliated with LeadingAge MN, Peggy Gaard
- Neuropsychologist, Terry Barclay
- Alzheimer's Disease Researcher, Joseph E. Gaugler
- Community-Based Organization, Amanda Mithun
- Community-Based Organization, Dorothea Harris
- Geriatrician, Michael Rosenbloom
- Geriatrician, Edward Ratner
- MDH Commissioner Designee, Mary Manning
- DHS Commissioner Designee, Gretchen Ulbee
- Representative of the Alzheimer's Association, Heidi Haley-Franklin
- State Ombudsperson for Long-Term Care, Cheryl Hennen
- MBA Member, Sherrie Pugh
- MBA Executive Director, Kari Benson
January 8, 2018
April 24, 2018
- 9:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Maple Grove Community Center, 12951 Weaver Lake Road, Maple Grove, MN 55369
- Charter (TBD)
- Road Map (TBD)
- Minutes (TBD)
Conversation in a Box
The Alzheimer's Disease Work Group and its five
subcommittees includes approximately 85 medical experts, care providers,
researchers, and care persons. They are busy reviewing data, listening to
experts and studying the previous legislative report to develop new key
findings and recommendations for the legislature. These volunteers also know
the value of hearing your thoughts. Needless to say, they are very excited
about Conversation in a Box!
- June 28, 2018
- August 14, 2018
- November 20, 2018
Please use this form to inform your Conversation in a Box.
Submit your “Conversation in a Box” feedback here.